1950s Large Blue Rose and Shell Pink Classic Strapless Dress, 35in Bust
If you think of the 1950s, I am sure that a dress like this pops right into your mind. With the classic silhouette of nipped waist and a full flared skirt, this shell pink beauty has large roses drawn in dark blue which is complimented with green and purple leaves to make this a bold but feminine choice. The tight bodice, with its fold over front, has boning inside to keep you firmly in place and hold that 50s prominent bust i place. There is plenty of room in the skirt to wear a large petticoat or two to really boost that silhouette. Wear with pink or white accessories for an ultra feminine pastel look, or one of the deeper tones to add an edge.
• Light shell pink colour, with large blue roses with purple, blue and green leaves, in a sketchy artistic style
• Pointed bodice front with fold down front
• Tight fitted shaped bodice with plastic boning to the inside
• Nipped in waist with pointed front seam
• Full voluminous circle skirt
• Fastens using a metal zip to the back, Flash brand
• Unlined, but bodice has an acetate lining in a light pink
• Made from a mid weight textured soft cotton
• No labels
• There is a small brown mark to the skirt, and a few more marks that look like scuff marks. There is also a mark to the hem, a couple of pulls to the skirt, and a very small hole. Due to the fullness of the skirt, they are not really noticeable, all are shown in the photos.
• Care/composition: no label
Shown with a small petticoat underneath, not included
Bust: 35in (full measurement)
Length: 40in measured from bust peak
Sweep: over 70in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max