1950s Hot Pink and White Giant Spot Deadstock Shirtwaister Dress, 38in Bust
Eye-catching magenta pink giant spot 1950s shirtwaister dress with the coveted original shop label still hanging on the belt! This is a wonderfully graphic print, certainly not for the pattern shy, and with the punchy colour it will certainly make you stand out from the crowd. The classic 1950s cut is there, with the full skirt and nipped waist, the fold down collar and the oh-so Cadillac style of the pointed sleeve cuffs. It is like this just walked off the speedway in the 50s! This is begging to be matched with bright pink accessories for a real funky fifties outfit!
• Super large spots in a hot magenta pink, with a moire silk pattern to the spots, on a crisp white background
• Darts to the front of the bodice from the waist
• Elbow length sleeves with pointed turn back cuffs
• Fold down notched pointed collar
• Just below the knee length with deep pleats to the waist band
• Matching belt with belt loops
• Fastens with a metal zip to the side, 'R' brand, and buttons to the front.
• Made from a mid-weight crisp soft cotton
• No labels in the dress, apart from a remnant of a size label. Solfast swing tag to the buckle.
• There are two marks to the back of the skirt and the belt is also stained, mainly on the buckle and a little on the end, which looks like rust. I assume that the mark on the back is from the buckle where is was folded in storage. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: none in the dress, instructions to the swing label. Cotton, gentle wash, low heat iron
Shown with a small petticoat underneath, not included
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 42.5in with 0.5in extra hem
Shoulder to Waist: 14.5in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max