1950s Green Chinese Dragon Two Piece Silk Brocade Suit, by Emmar Mayfair, 26in Waist
This is certainly a stand out suit, I have never seen anything like it! This 1950s two piece not only has the beautiful hourglass silhouette of the era with the nipped waist and wider shoulders and hips but has been made from the most wonderful silk brocade with dragons on it! How good is that?! The green is incredibly flattering, and the lightness of the silk makes this perfect for warmer weather events, all you need is some bright accessories and you have a wonderful outfit with a little novelty fun hidden in the fabric!
• Silk brocade with light green stylised Chinese dragons, on dark green background, with yellow, red and blue slubs - colour closest to 8th photo.
• Dark khaki green velvet Mao collar
• Dolman sleeves
• Nipped waist to the jacket with slight flair to hips
• Small curved pockets to the front
• Shiny gunmetal colour conical buttons to the front of the jacket, with a hook and loop to the neckline to keep closed
• Bracelet length sleeve, with fold over cuff and dart to the elbow
• Bra strap holders have been added to the inside
• Made from a mid weight silk brocade, that has natural slubs throughout
• One large pleat to the back of the skirt to ease walking, which is held together with a stitch half way up
• Skirt fastens using metal zip to the side,G brand, with a hook and loop and popper to the waistband
• Jacket is half lined at the top with black lining fabric, the skirt is not
• Emmar, Mayfair London label to the inside of the jacket
• Size label and sample label to the jacket
• Care/composition: No labels
Jacket Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to shoulder: 15in
Shoulder to waist: 14.5in
Skirt Waist: 26in
Length: 25in (with 1in hem)
Waist to hip: 9in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.