1950s Golden Yellow Carnation Print Jersey Volup Wiggle Dress, by Jeannie Brand, 42in Bust
Perfect for the oncoming Autumn, this 1950s jersey wiggle dress reminds me of falling leaves and warm sunshine. The carnation print is wonderfully intricate, covering your body in dappled colour and shapes. The cut of the dress is very clever, all designed to flatter and smooth your curvy figure. The semi-circle at the waist with the gathered fabric accentuates your smallest point and disguises the stomach area that all women are a little aware of. The belt to the back allows you to further nip the waist if you wish, and the skirt skims the hips and smooths the silhouette. Just a wonderful dress made just for the 50s loving gal that is blessed with the body of a movie star!
• Print of golden yellow carnations, with light pink blooms and sage green leaves
• Half circle panel to one side, with ruched gathers
• Belt to the back with buttons
• Knee length fitted skirt
• Pleat split to the back of the skirt to aid walking
• Wide round neck
• Three quarter length sleeves with dart to back at the elbow
• Made from a mid-weight jersey knit, that feels like a blend due to the stretch
• Fastens using a nylon zip to the side, Opti brand. I think this was a replacement after time due to it being green not yellow
• Jeannie Brand Jersey label to the back
• There is a small pin head hole to the skirt, a hole to one shoulder which has ow been patched and mended since the photo was taken (this looks to have come from hanger damage).
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 39.5in (no hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14in
Sleeve length: 18.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.