1950s Cornflower Blue Floral Drop Waist Housecoat with Puritan Collar, 44in Bust
Lovely 1950s cornflower blue and white floral housecoat, with a very large puritan collar and pleated drop waist. There is a hidden pocket to one side and the lovely tonal domed buttons are so tactile but do not stand out so that all the focus is on the fab robe. I first thought this was a dress (which it totally can be worn as one) but once I discovered the hanging loop, I realised it was a rather awesome housecoat! In amazing condition, it is a very practical piece with the elbow length sleeves, ankle length skirt and low full skirt to allow for movement. But the silhouette is so dramatic, it would be a shame to only wear this indoors!
• Light cornflower blue background with large white blooms and foliage, outlined in a delicate black line
• Wide curved puritan collar
• Darts to the front and the back from the waistline, for fit
• Pleated drop waistline
• Fastens with domed blue buttons and a hook and eye to the top, under the collar
• Fold back cuffs to the elbow length sleeves, with darts at the elbows
• One pocket to the side seam
• Hanging loop to back of the neck
• Long fabric tie belt, attached at the natural waist, that can be worn at the front of the back
• Made from a mid-weight, high quality cotton
• There are a couple of natural occurring slubs in the fabric. These are not faults but a characteristic of the cotton.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 44in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Drop Waist: 32in
Length: 51in with no extra hem
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.