1950s Cobalt Blue White Fish Novelty Print Hawaiian Dress, by Malia of Honolulu, 40in Bust
I just love the Hawaiian dresses from the 1950s! This one by Malia has a wonderful novelty fish print; so simple but striking, and the colours immediately make you think of the seaside! The dress is so flattering; the A-line cut skirt balances a fuller bust and the wide collar, with the below knee length keeping you cool but covered. The fabric is a wonderful quality, with weight and a striped texture and the colour is deep and bright. Team with classic nautical red accessories, or perhaps a yellow for a nice clash, and prepare to be the envy of your friends.
• Deep cobalt blue background with white stylized fish swimming all over
• Wide notched fold over collar
• Slight A-line cut skirt
• Long darts come from the waist, giving a good comfortable fit
• Belt loops, no belt
• Made from a heavier weight stripe textured cotton
• Fastens using buttons to the front and a hook and loop to the waist
• Malia Honolulu label to the back
• There is a slight fray to the fabric of one button, there is a dark mark to the inside of the collar, a small brown mark to one bust and slight dirt mark to each shoulder, These are slight and not very noticeable. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: machine wash cold, do not dry clean
Bust: 40.5in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 45in (with a 1.5in hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust