1950s Cobalt Blue and Sage Green Large Check Winter Dress, 40in Bust
From the late 1950s, very early 1960s, this wonderful woolen dress is certainly one to turn heads! Not only are the colours bold and bright, but the check print has been super-sized to really pack a punch. The cut of the dress is simple but very flattering, one to wear in the day when you want to be girly but still super cool. Or warm, if you get me. The boldness of this frock does mean that it would easily fit into a more modern wardrobe, and could be worn with trainers or boots for a more easy to wear look.
• Cobalt blue background, with a sage green and white large check print
• High round neck line
• Darts to the bodice and small pleats to the skirt att he back for a more form fitted style
• Elbow length sleeves with a dart to the elbow
• Just above the knee length, with a very slight A-line
• Made from a light weight woven fabric that feels like it is wool blend
• Fastens with a metal zip to the back, Aero brand, with a hook and eye
• Unlined - I would advise a slip if you have sensitive skin
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 38in with 1in hem
Shoulder to Shoulder: 12in
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.