1950s Camel Colour Pure Wool Car Coat, by Albatros, 42in Bust
Traditional and classic, this early 1950s camel car coat is simple and clean in design but oh so lovely. The colour is warm and the cut is flattering, designed to be comfy and snuggly but stylish too. The coat is unlined so you can layer up underneath, and fastens all the way up to the neck to keep the chill out. All you need is the classic car to finish off the look!
• Camel colour, closest to the full length photos
• Fold over, pointed collar
• One button to the neck
• Fastens using brown striped plastic buttons to the front, all but one are found in the hidden button placket - placket lined in a light cream silk
• Strap and button to both sleeve cuffs
• Pockets to both sides, with button closure
• Loose trapeze, swing style - meant to be worn loose
• Darts to the bust for a loose fit
• Split to the back
• Made from a mid-weight pure wool, with a boiled wool texture
• Unlined, all edges are pinking sheared on the inside
• Albatros label to the inside
• There are some superficial rips to the inside of the hidden button placket, which can not be seen from the outside, nor affect its use. There is also some thinning to the wool on the elbow section on the sleeve, from wear. There is also two very small pin head size holes near the right pocket, a small pin head size brown mark to the hem, and very light discolouration to the inside of the collar. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: pure wool
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled) - would advise smaller to get proper hang
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max