1950s Bright Abstract Paisley Shirt Waister Full Skirt Dress, by Horrockses, 38in Bust
Amazing and rare 1950s Horrockses shirt waister cotton day dress in a modern looking abstract paisley print, with the most lovely details that you just do not get on modern day dresses! This dress is eye-catching and draws attention, without compromising on style or elegance. The yellow flashes on the edges, buttons and the belt keep the look fresh, with the full skirt, nipped in waist and fitted bodice being typical of the 1950s feminine look. The dress is gorgeous, but practical too with the pleated vent to the back to allow for a full range of movement and two hidden pockets on the side. This truly is a rare gem, very unusual with the abstract bold print, and is certainly made for a woman who wants to stand out while being classy and stylish. A beautiful example of the high quality craftsmanship of the Horrockses brand.
• Bright coloured painterly pattern in an abstract paisley design in yellow, reds, greens and blues, with black accents on a white background
• Two hidden pockets to the sides
• Deep box pleated insert to the back to allow for full movement
• High round neckline, that can be worn one up, or open like a shirt
• Tight pleated gathers to the waist
• Sleeveless - very slight lightening to the under arm yellow trim
• Sleeves and placket trimmed in contrasting yellow fabric
• Fastens using buttons to the front, hook and eye to the waist and poppers below waistline. There is a hook and eye to the neckline should you wish to wear fully closed
• Attached tie belt to the waist, with contrasting yellow lining
• V-shaped yolk to the back at the waist - very flattering!
• There is 2in hem should you wish to lengthen the dress
• Soft, mid weight cotton with a very slight sheen
• Horrockses Fashions brand label to the neck, and Made in England label in the shoulder
• At some point the top button has been replaced with a brighter yellow button (shown in photo)
• Care/composition: no label, only Made in England label
Bust: 38in - tight, this is taking some of the width from the back vent also (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 45in (2in extra hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max