1950s Black Textured Silk Opera Swing Coat, 46in Bust
This coat is just the most elegant and beautiful coat I think I have ever seen! Made in the classic 1950s swing coat style, this is just what you picture when you think of the epitome of mid century chic......the triangular shape and fullness of fabric, the luxurious texture and the delicate cut on the shoulders. To be worn with feminine heels, and evening bag and gloves, this could easily be worn today to an event to really elevate your outfit. Comfortable yet incredibly stylish, this will never date and will immediately make you feel a million dollars.
• Deep black fabric, with a background striped texture overlaid with a raised squiggle texture that has a wonderful sheen that catches the light
• Full swing style body that hangs wonderfully
• Shaped shawl collar
• Elegant midi length
• Long sleeves with deep turn up cuffs, raglan set
• Two pockets to the hips
• No fastenings, designed to be worn loose and open
• Made from a mid weight textured silk fabric that feels like a grosgrain
• Lined in a cream silk, that looks like silk kimono lining
• There is the very slightest of shoulder fade to the coat, which runs in band across it. It has gone a very slight lighter shade. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 46in (armpit to armpit doubled) - would advise smaller to get proper hang
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.