1950s Black and White Floral Light Cotton Jacket, 42in Bust
A classic 1950s boxy light jacket, I imagine originally made to go over a matching dress, made from soft cotton with black and white painterly floral print. Shown here as being worn open, it could easily be worn closed with the addition of a buckle to the front loops. Bracelet length sleeves and a small shawl style collar are the only design features on this otherwise simple jacket, which would go wonderfully your own plain dresses of any colour to add pattern and layers. Versatile and beautiful, a great addition to your 50s wardrobe!
• Black and white painterly style floral print
• Small turn down shawl style collar
• Boxy style
• Hip length
• Bracelet length sleeves with white pipping to the cuffs
• No fastenings, but it does have two loops to the edge which would allow it to be fastened with a buckle or button cufflink
• Made from a mid-weight cotton fabric
• Unlined but it does have a section of bonded interfacing to the bottom section on the inside
• No labels
• This has been handmade to a very high standard
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust