1950s Black and Cream Check Puritan Collar Large Button Coat, 42in Bust
Gorgeous 1950s black and cream checked swing style coat, with a wide curved puritan collar and great large buttons to the front. The fabric has a wonderful bobbly mohair texture which picks out the mottled check in the classic monochrome colourway perfectly, and the feminine and ladylike silhouette is given a fun vibe thanks to the over sized funky buttons. Such a wonderful coat with a beautiful cut!
• Lovely black and cream mottled check style fabric
• Wide curved puritan style collar
• Bracelet length sleeve with split to side
• Deep purple buttons to the sleeves
• Two large patch pockets to the hips
• Fastens using large buttons to the front, with a small button under the collar
• Made from a heavy weight blended wool fabric with a longer fiber on the check, which I think is mohair
• Lined in a light cream silk blend fabric
• Blended wool label has cute little sheep on!
• Hanging hook to the neck
• There is a little staining to the neck from wear with a small hole, and there is some drip marks to the inside of the lining - these are obviously not visible when worn. The top button has a little wear. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: blended wool, no other labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled) - would advise smaller to get proper hang
Shoulder to Shoulder: 18in
Sleeve: 18in from drop shoulder seam
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.