1940s Snakeskin Leather Tan Brown Shoulder Bag
Lovely 1940s textured snakeskin shoulder bag, made with high quality brown python leather. This is a beautiful bag, practical with the long strap, a nice size to fit all of the modern gals things in, and still perfect for the 1940s summer outfit. The snake skin has a wonderful texture that is accentuated by the brown tonal colours, and the pattern is subtle but classic snake print. The clasp is very unusual, the wedge slides up to release the flap, which opens to show lots of room for all the essentials. A gorgeous bag that would match well with lighter 1940s looks or vintage tiki styled outfits, pop on some bamboo bangles, a pair of wooden wedges and a sun hat......oh and don't forget the cocktail in the coconut!
• Snakeskin (suspect python) textured leather with raised scales in a light brown, tan, dark brown and black
• Wedge shaped sliding 'clasp' that slots through a loop to the front of the bag to secure
• Top flap folds over to cover the interior
• Interior has two open pockets, one back slip pocket, and one central zipped pocket
• Long shoulder strap with leather detail to the middle of the strap. Strap held to the bag using a brass ring
• Edges are bound in leather cord
• There is a tiny bit of wear to the wedge clasp, and a little patch of wear to the bottom of the bag in the folds. The corners have been slightly bent in from aged storage but they are still strong. There is one scale edge that slightly sticks up on the top of the bag. All shown in the photos.
Handle Length: 90cm
Handle Height: 40cm
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust