1940s Rhinestone Lucite Bow Black Satin Platform Shoes, UK 7/8
Wow, would you look at these! Stunning vampy early 1940s large platform black satin shoes with a fab pair of lucite encrusted rhinestones to the front, made just for the larger footed vintage gal! These were certainly shoes made for a glamourous evening dress where you would not do much walking but a lot of posing. These would look stunning with a black or silver long gown, pick out the gems with matching vintage jewellery and you have an outfit made in elegant vintage heaven.
• Two large lucite bows to the front, embedded with rhinestones - I have not tested them for confirmation of the lucite
• Large stacked heel with front platform
• Rounded toe, with a high front
• Outer made from a black satin
• Leather insole, suede back. Sole appears to be man-made.
• There are some numbers stamped to the inside, and a brand name to the sole but it is well worn. The name looks like Jerray or Ferray.
• The main fault is that one heel need strengthening, which you can see as it has a slight tilt. I would advise this being seen to before wear. One bow is missing 7 gem stones. There is a little separation between sole and toe to the front, and a couple of scuffs to the satin. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Length toe to heel: 26cm (measured inside along sole) - I advise measuring a pair of your own heels to get the true size as this is a guesstimate
Width at ball of foot: 7cm
Heel height: 9.5cm
Platform height at front: 2.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1940s Blue and Grey Scalloped Edge Sleeveless Housecoat Dress, by Joyce Lane, 39in Bust
1940s Slate Grey Blazer with Scalloped Edge Pockets, by Ritaville, 40in Bust