1940s Powder Blue Floral Cotton Day Dress, 38in Bust
Was £70 - Save £30!
Delicate and simple 1940s homemade cotton day dress that is just what you need for hot summer days. The loose straight cut dress can be worn with a belt or loose, and I believe that this was made for maternity wear, due to the style. But do not let this put you off, with the addition of the right accessories this would be a perfect easy to care for 1940s dress to add to the collection. She has a few faults, but is still very charming and has plenty of life left in her!
• Delicate powder blue background with white and black floral print
• White binding to the shoulders and sleeve cuffs
• Small shoulders pads for structure, with small puff pleats
• Short elbow length sleeves
• Square neckline with gathers to the bust
• Straight cut, loose fit
• Belt loops, no belt
• Made from a mid-weight woven cotton
• Fastens using cream plastic buttons to the front
• There is slight staining to the both underarms. There is a slight portion of fade across the back of the dress. A very small previous darn to the skirt, and there is another small hole in the sleeve which is not darned. There is also a couple of very small brown marks to the bust. All shown in last photos.
• Care/composition: No labels, handmade
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 41.5in (with 1in hem)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Purple and Orange Tie Dye Matching Kaftans with Reversible Cape, 38in Bust