1940s Navy Blue Jumbo Cord Belted Trench Coat, by Myers, 42in Bust
Well, what a corker of a 1940s coat this is! Made from a wonderful quality weight jumbo cord in flattering navy, the coat would look right at home on both a 1940s fan or a fashionable vintage loving gal as the design is so classic. The patch pockets and turn up cuffs stop this from being far too dressy, giving a nice casual vibe. The wide 40s shoulders are balanced with the tie cinching belt, ensuring you do not loose your figure in the fabric. But my favourite is the collar, which can be worn folded down but is stiff enough to pop up which lets face it, is worth a millions cool points. I have never seen a cord coat quite like this from the time, so with the addition of the Leisurewear label, I wonder if it was meant as a sports coat?
• Bright navy blue colour, similar in colour to the full length photos
• Wide notched fold over collar, which can be turned up - zig zag stitching to the back gives the collar extra stiffness
• Large shoulder pads to give the wide 40s look
• Wide turn up cuffs to the sleeves
• Midi length, with a slight flair fullness
• Fastens with three large blue buttons to the front
• Trench coat style
• Flap pockets to the hips, with a faux flap pockets to the breast
• Matching tie belt, with belt loops
• Made from a heavy weight jumbo cord fabric
• Lined in a navy blue lining, that feels like a rayon silk blend. The lining does not reach down to the hem, which I believe is as originally intended.
• Myers Tailored Leisurewear label to the back of the neck
• There is a small mark to the back of the neck, that looks to be from a hanger hook. There are a couple of areas where the cord has been crushed slightly from previous storage, and some very very light marks to the front that really can't be seen. All shown in photos. This coat has been dry cleaned.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max