1940s Light Maroon and White Print Pleated Hip Cotton Dress, 36in Bust
Was £115 - Save £65!
Beautiful and elegant light maroon 1940s summer dress with an incredibly flattering elegant cut that accentuates your curves. The cotton is light and soft for Summer and the small white print and texture to the material adds delicate interest without over powering the design of the dress. The nipped waist is balanced by the high collar and wider sleeves, and the fuller skirt that is cut on an A-line to the back. But my favourite detail is the hip pleats, added to the dress using a horizontal seam very much like the 20s flapper dresses, which adds width to the hip bone and fullness to the skirt with out weight, still keeping the lightness to the fabric without skimping on style. This is a beautiful dress, simple and flattering.
• Gathered plated section to the hip to add fullness
• Light maroon fabric with white square print
• Short, stand up Mao collar
• Fuller, A-line cut skirt
• Slight cap sleeve from the extended dolman cut bodice
• Made from a light weight textured cotton
• Fastens with white buttons down the front, a hook and eye to the waist and a popper to the top by the collar
• There is overall fade to the dress, the inside is a stronger colour than the outer. There is a slight lighter fade to each shoulder from hangers, and a very small white mark to the bust by the button placket. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels, size label to neck
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Waist: 14.5in
Shoulder to shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.