1940s Dusky Pink Grossgrain Volup Dress with Soutache Embroidery, 44in Bust
Was £85 - Save £40!
Gorgeous 1940s dusky pink grossgrain volup dress with soutache details to the bust, perfect for the curvier vintage fan. The colour of the dress is delicate but not washed out, it would work equally well in all seasons and would suit all skin tones. The colour is indeed a feminine pink, but it is certainly not girly, this is a grown up pink and would look match nicely with light brown accessories and darker pink accents. The soutache detailing is a lovely addition to a fairly simple cut frock, bringing attention to the lovely pleated bust line. There is the very handy side pockets, something I feel all dresses should have, and it can be worn with or without a belt, dependent if you wish to nip in the waist a little more. A beautiful example of 1940s classic style which will see you through the months in style.
• Floral soutache dark dusky pink soutache detail to the bust
• Light dusky pink fabric
• Pleats to the bust to allow for a larger bust
• Sleeves cut on the dolman line, with a capped sleeve effect
• V-neck with a slightly higher neckline to the back
• Pockets to the side
• Darts to back and skirt for a tighter fit
• Pleated split to the back of the skirt for ease of movement
• Belt loops, no belt
• Made from mid-weight gross grain fabric that I believe to be a rayon blend
• Fastens using a pink coloured metal zip to the side, Newey brand
• I think this was shortened at some point as there is a darker line in the hem allowance
• There is a small hole to the back of the dress on the waistband which has been sewn to the seam for stability. There is also some shine to the waist & slight to the bust from a previous owner ironing without a cloth. The stitch is also slightly visible on the sleeves - this is not a fault, but wanted to mention (all shown in photos).
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 45in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 42.5in (there is 2in extra hem if needed)
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Camel and Brown Knitted Drop Waist Jumper Dress, Bust 36in to 42in
1940s Slate Grey Woollen Pinafore Dress with Forest Green Trim, by Edith Linn, 28in Waist