1940s Cream Linen Dress with Forest Green Scalloped Embroidered Edges, 36in Bust
This dress. It is a heart stopper! Wonderful cream linen 1940s dress with delicately scalloped edging that is trimmed with forest green embroidery and finished with clusters of little dots. So beautiful, so elegant. The dolman cut bodice and flared skirt, with the nipped waist accentuating the feminine silhouette and is classic 1940s. The collar can be worn done up for a prim look, or undone if you wanted to be causal. The lucite buttons are a perfect addition as they do not detract from the details, the embroidered edging takes the stage. Team with green accessories to really make the most of this dress, and get ready for the compliments!
• Forest green embroidered scalloped edges with spot detailing to the collar, bust, skirt and sleeve
• Pointed collar
• Slight capped sleeve from the dolman cut to the bodice
• Pleat from waist band for fit in the bodice
• Faux pocket detail to the skirt
• Slight flare to the skirt
• Clear lucite buttons to the front
• Made from a mid-weight natural coloured cream linen, which does have slightly different tones throughout. Colour best shown in the photo with the zip.
• Fastens using metal zip to the side, Depe brand
• There are natural slubs to the fabric with it being linen. There is slight staining to the collar from wear, and there is a very light stain down the front of the skirt. This is very light and barely visible. All shown in last few photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Waist: 14in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1940s Blue and Grey Scalloped Edge Sleeveless Housecoat Dress, by Joyce Lane, 39in Bust
1940s Slate Grey Blazer with Scalloped Edge Pockets, by Ritaville, 40in Bust