1940s Cream and Blue Hand Crocheted Hair Net Snood
What better way to finish off a true 1940s outfit than with an original crochet snood?! Made from a fine silk crochet thread, this is a wonderful piece of handmade history. The warm cream and blue is neutral enough to match most outfits, with the central intricate lace panel adding detailing to your beautiful period hairstyle. Although it has been mended, there are still decades worth of wear in this beautiful piece if it is cared for properly.
• Intricate tan central section in a lace spiral design
• Cream main section with a blue stripe to the middle
• Wider section to the front to pin to your hair, with a blue thread running through
• Elasticated section to the back
• Made from silk crochet thread
• During its original construction, it looks like the maker ran out of the blue yarn and so has used lilac in two sections
• There were several breaks in the crochet with has been shored up so that it is secure for use; there was a portion on the bottom which would be hidden under your hair, and also a section of the bottom edge. I have also replaced the elastic. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels
Width edge to edge: 41.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max