1940s CC41 Bow Front Black Leather Shoes, UK 2/3
Was £85 - Save £40
How amazing are these statement CC41 shoes?! From the 1940s ration era, these beautiful black leather shoes with their large bow fronts are perfect to wear with your favourite CC41 suit or dress. With the rounded toe, sturdy cone heel and delicate arch to the foot these are unashamedly feminine and smart regardless of their rationing design. Yes they are well loved but after some TLC they will be ready for my more years of use.
• Large snakeskin textured leather bows to the front
• CC41 stamp to the inside, with the W1 quality label - there were three qualities of shoe in rationing, W1 being the highest quality, meaning that these would have cost quite a lot in money and coupons. This is why there are more W1 shoes left as they were often kept for best.
• Rounded toe with a rounded block heel
• Outer made from a shined leather
• Leather insole, suede back and canvas inner, leather upper, leather sole
• 34 stamped on the bottom
• J. Sears True Form stamp to the inside, the brand on the sole has rubbed away from wear
• There are quite a few faults but nothing a skilled cobbler won't be able to rectify. The insole has begun to crack and peel at the ball of the foot. There is some staining to the inside of the heel, and one side of the suede needs re-attaching. There is cracking to the ball of the foot on the upper, and some scuffs to the toe and heel. The heel and sole need to be replaces as they are well worn, and the sole has begun to separate from the front from wear. These will need a little work but are so worth it.
• Care/composition: no labels
Length toe to heel: 22.5cm (measured inside along sole) - I advise measuring a pair of your own heels to get the true size as this is a guesstimate
Width at ball of foot: 7.5cm
Heel height: 7.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Bright Yellow Patent Leather Deadstock Brogues, by Russell and Bromley, UK8/9
1950s Metallic Silver Flat T-Bar Cross Strap Dance Sandals, by Dolcis, UK 5