1940s Candy Pink Poodle Novelty Print Frilly Cotton Parasol
It may not be pristine but this 1940s novelty print parasol is still utterly wonderful! Made from a candy pink cotton, sporting some fabulous frills, it is covered in a cute print of posh dog walkers and their pampered pooches. The perfect amount of twee! At the bottom of the wooden handle is a lovely rich butterscotch round to finish. Perfect if you need a little bit of extra protection in the Summertime from the sun, or a lovely decorative touch to a interior.
•Novelty print of Parisian stylised dog walkers and and dogs in white and black- very posh people in couture gowns and suits with top hats
• Candy pink fabric, with two matching pink frills to the outside
• Button, elastic strap and loop to secure brolly when closed
• Metal spokes to the inside - all firm
• W. Jones and Co (Umbrellas) Ltd, British Made to the inside of one spoke
• Butterscotch bakelite (I think) round end to the handle
• Plaited silk thread carry handle
• Wooden handle with metal 'buttons' to pop open and undo the brolly
• Made from a mid-weight strong cotton
• There is a dirty mark to the edge. The most noticeable fault is the fade to the shade, which is classic on parasols from storage. There is a little surface dirt and dirt to the wrist strap. One metal arm to the inside gets a little stuck when opening but the mechanism is still strong. There are some scratches to the tip of the brolly. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Full length: 85.3cm
Width of parasol when open: 96cm
Length of tip: 11cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max