1940s Candy Pink Novelty Daisy Floral Shirt Dress, former Maternity Dress, 34in Bust
This dress is not just amazing due to its colour and print, but also because of the fact that is was originally handmade for a very classy pregnant lady! When I first found this, I could not figure out why the waist was much higher at the front than the back. It was only when I put it on the mannequin that I realised the front of the skirt was much fuller thanks to the darts, and the eureka moment happened! Which makes this quite a special and rare 1940s dress! The candy pink and the lime and blue details really make this fabric pop with the graphic cartoon style print, giving a young and fun vibe while still retaining the classic 40s shape of wide shoulders and neat lines. But do not worry, it is still a beautiful dress even if you are not pregnant as the waistline can be hidden with a belt, and it means you have a little extra room when you want to have a good lunch!
• Candy pink fabric with white daisy print with lime green and cobalt blue accents, with black outlines
• Rounded fold over collar
• Darts to front of bodice
• Short sleeves with pointed turn back cuffs
• Slight flare to the skirt
• Light pink cut out buttons to fasten the front
• Made from a light weight, stretchy rayon
• Fastens using metal zip to the side, Lightening brand
• One small pin head hole to the back of one shoulder, and a large hole that has been patched and darned on the skirt, shown in photos.
• This dress was adapted in its former life, I imagine during the pregnancy, so does show some signs of previous alterations. There is a line of holes from previous stitches from being taken up on the waistline. The hem is uneven and some of the hem stitches are visible, I have left the hem as found incase the new owner wishes to take it up or let it down. There is slight rubbing to the waist on one side, and the waistline is uneven. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 34in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 41in with 1.5in hem
Shoulder to Waist at front: 12.5in
Shoulder to Waist at back: 15in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 12.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Camel and Brown Knitted Drop Waist Jumper Dress, Bust 36in to 42in
1940s Slate Grey Woollen Pinafore Dress with Forest Green Trim, by Edith Linn, 28in Waist