1940s Black Faux Fur Teddy Coat with Lucite Buttons, by Dominant, 42in Bust
Sometimes you come across something that you know is a bit special! In the classic 1940s style with the wide prominent shoulders and straight look, this gem is made from a wonderful heavy quality wool fabric with a tight curl, that gives it the look of fur. Large turn ups on the sleeve balance the shoulders and a funnel neck keeps out the cold, while two utterly beautiful lucite buttons fasten you up. Lined with a quite frankly wonderful black fabric that is covered in intricate embroidery and soutache, which seems a shame to hide inside. This is a beautiful coat that needs a volup woman to really do it justice!
• Amazing texture fabric
• Small funnel style neck
• Large, wide shoulder pads
• Fastens using two lucite carved flower buttons, slightly off centre, and loops
• Large turn ups to the sleeves
• Midi length
• Pockets to the sides
• Made from a heavy weight wool fabric with a short curled pile that feels like fur but I believe it is fake
• Lined in a black lining, that could be a silk blend, which has the most amazing soutache and embroidery detail to the inside. It is a shame it is hidden!
• British Make The Dominant Coat label to the inside
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1940s Blue and Grey Scalloped Edge Sleeveless Housecoat Dress, by Joyce Lane, 39in Bust
1940s Slate Grey Blazer with Scalloped Edge Pockets, by Ritaville, 40in Bust