1930s Silver Green Chinese Silk Brocade Bed Jacket, 39in Bust
Elegant and beautiful, this 1930s bed jacket may have originally been made to never be seen, but it is too good to keep indoors! The intricate Chinese silk, depicting the classic village scenes, has a lovely silver green shimmer and contrasting candy pink silk lining. Elbow length sleeves and a short boxy cut keep it neat with the two pockets adding a little detail. I feel this really needs to be used and loved, and would make a great layer over a dress, or over a tee with a pair of jeans for a casual look.
• Wonderful Chinese silk brocade, which has a silvery green sheen when it catches the light
• Small pockets to both hips, with a fold over corner, fastened with a decorative self covered button
• Round neck with small fold over collar that shows a flash of pink
• Boxy and loose cut, high waist length
• Elbow length sleeves
• No fastenings, designed to be worn loose and open
• Lined in a very light pink silk
• Made from a light weight Chinese silk brocade
• No labels - believe to be hand made
• There are a couple of pulls in the silk lining, which can not been seen from the outside. I believe at some point this jacket was machine washed as there are parts of the hem on the bottom and on the sleeve where the hem is not even and the lining is popping out, which being pink is not too bad a thing. There is also a very small fray to one shoulder. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 39in (armpit to armpit doubled, measured across the back)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1980s Cornflower Blue Mohair Blend Asymmetric Coat, by Jaeger, 44in Bust