1930s Sheer Checked Silk Blouse with Full Bishop Sleeves, 36in Bust
Wow! Would you look at those sleeves! Stunning 1930s sheer silk blouse with a checked pattern to the fabric, with the most extra bishop sleeves you ever did see. The tightness of the cuff accentuates the amazing fullness of the sleeve, with the pleats giving even more fullness. The wrap front is simple and elegant, nipping in the waist to balance the silhouette, and the V-neck gives more a glimpse of skin. This is an elegant, classy but sexy blouse that would look fab tucked into a high waist skirt, or worn loose over some palazzo pants, and why not add a touch of colour by wearing a bright cami underneath?
• Amazing full bishop sleeves with very tight cuffs to wrist to extenuate the sleeve
• Copper coloured decorative stitches to the cuffs and neckline - I wonder if these were once metallic and have faded with age
• Pleated front and back, with pleats to the shoulders to accentuate the sleeve
• Wrap front design with deep V-neck
• Blouson fuller top, with a very fitted waist and a slight peplum at the hip
• Beautiful deep black silk with a check design
• Ribbon on the inside on the waist to help with holding the shape of the blouse and security of the inside hooks
• Cuffs fasten with small poppers
• Fastens with a two hook and eyes to the waist, and two poppers to the bust
• Made from an incredibly light, sheer silk crepe
• No labels
• There is very, very slight seam stress on the shoulder, this is very small, and a slight pull to the front where the poppers are. All shown in the photos
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled) - I advise a smaller bust measurement to allow for the looseness and draping
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max