1930s Pink and Green Pastel Striped Deco Dress, 43in Bust
From the early 1930s, this beautifully light silk dress has the most delicate pastel stripe in pinks and greens. With a wide fold back collar and a loose straight fit, the style is very deco in its look, keeping decoration to a minimum. In a rarer larger size for the decade, this would be wonderful worn with pastel accessories and an original cloche hat to finish the look.
• Multi stripe pattern in pale pink, forest and grass green with mushroom and taupe
• Wide fold back pointed collar
• Slight puff pleats to the shoulders
• Long sleeves with darts to elbow
• Light shell pink V insert to skirt and bodice
• Midi length skirt
• Looser straight cut
• Made from a light weight silk, with silk crepe panels to the bust and skirt front
• Fastens a metal zipper to the side, Talon brand, and poppers hidden under the collar side
• Silk lining to the shoulder to support the puff
• There is tiny pull to the front below the waist and one to the bust panel where the popper has been pulled. The one to the bust is fairly hidden by the collar edge. There are some visible hand stitches to the sleeve cuff. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 43in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 44in (with 0.5in extra hem)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max