1930s French Navy Longline Rayon Jacket with Circle Front Buckle and Pleats, 36in Bust
Sometimes vintage is so classic and beautiful that it will never date. This 1930s deep navy rayon jacket is the perfect example. The long, simple line of the jacket elongates the form, delicately meeting under the bust using a simple and graphic circular buckle. The V-neckline is flattering and will go well with a more delicate summer cami or a heavier weight collared blouse. The pleated frill to the scarf is mirrored simply on the long sleeves, adding a little detail to a jacket that really needs no decoration. Simple, elegant, refined; a wonderful addition to any vintage wardrobe that can be dressed up or down. This will work hard for you!
• In-built scarf details to the collar with pleated frill to the ends
• Long sleeves, with frilled pleated turn back style cuffs
• Open fronted, with a deep V neckline
• Knee length
• French navy colour
• Fastens to the front using a round navy and white shaped buckle. The stitching is visible on the inside.
• Made from a light rayon crepe fabric
• No labels
• There are a few faults but this is still very much wearable. There is a small hole to the front, near the buckle. There is a small graze to one shoulder, and a couple of grazes to the back. There is nick to the edge of one edge, with a small hole to one hip and a small hole to the back. I have not darned these as it would look more noticeable and they are not large.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.