1930s Maroon and Gold Bias Cut Floral Lame Gown with Rhinestone Buttons, 32in Bust
An absolutely stunning example of 1930s elegance. Made from maroon and gold lame with hand painted flowers on top, this gown has all the classic hallmarks of 30s gowns; V-shaped panels, skirt cut on the bias, and a silhouette that mimics the bodies shape. The fabric and cut is fine and delicate, amazing to have withstood 90s years of time, and it is attention to detail that really sets 1930s dresses apart from other eras. A classic collectors piece that should be worn with care and loved for many more decades to come.
• Maroon red background, with delicate gold woven throughout that catches the light, with hand painted flowers in red, green and gold on top
• Bust panels are fuller with small almost smocked gathers to the front seams to allow for your bust
• Pin tucks to bust running in line with the V-neckline
• Long sleeves with darts to the elbows, fasten with base metal silver buttons with set-in rhinestones
• V-neck to the front, with smaller V to the back
• Self covered buttons all down the back - decorative not functional
• Classic 30s V-seams to the front and back on hip level
• Skirt godets cut on the bias, to give fullness, with uneven handkerchief style
• Made from an incredibly fine and light weight lame, that has metallic thread running throughout - do not allow this fabric to get near water
• No fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements due to the delicacy of the fabric
• Unlined - you would need a slip under this dress
• There are a few faults that you would expect from a dress this old and delicate. There is a pull to the fabric to the front of the left sleeve. There is a minor bit of fraying to the faggot stitch to the hem. One button on the cuff is missing a rhinestone. There is pulling to the back, just under both arms which tends to happen, one of which is a small hole. There has been a mended tear under one arm pit, and there is further pulling across the back of the dress between the shoulders. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Please be aware I recommend that you are at least 1-2in smaller than the measurements as their is no opening so it will need to go over your head and shoulders. Due to the delicate fabric I advise you take great care when trying this garment on.
Bust: 32in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 47in with no extra hem
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 12.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.