1930s Cream and Red Floral Cotton Peplum Puff Sleeve Dress, 36in Bust
Wow! Look at those sleeves!!! This 1930s dress is A-MAZING! The delicate warm cream background is covered in lovely large floral blooms in red, pink and blue with fresh green leaves, and through this is bright red piping edging all the classic decade features on the dress. This has been made to look like a two piece matching set, with the peplum creating a nice break in the volumous top and hip skimming skirt. This looks better worn with a belt or sash, to further enhance the suit illusion and the soft cotton is made from a quality weight that holds the sleeve puff and peplum well. Just add some bright accessories and you have the perfect 1930s Summer outfit!
• Amazing huge rounded puff sleeves
• Pointed smart collar
• Peplum to the hip to give the illusion of a two-piece set
• Pleat to skirt to allow for ease of walking
• Cream background with red, blue and pink flowers with green leaf print
• Bright red trim to the collar, front and peplum
• Belt loop, no belt
• Hook and eye under the collar to close the bust - the split on the neck ends on the bust line which may gape if your bust measurement is fuller than the below stated
• Made from a mid-weight soft brushed cotton
• No fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements
• There are a few light marks to the dress as shown in last few photos: mark to one sleeve, slight stain to one bust, slight stain above skirt pleat and just below peplum split. There are also marks to either side of the skirt which appears to be from storage. Although there are also of marks, these are very light and hard to see.
• Care/composition: No labels, home made to a very high standard
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Waist: 14in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
Waist to hip: 8.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.