1930s Cacao Brown and Cream Floral Flared Silk Dress, 34in Bust
A beautiful 1930s brown and cream floral dress made from the lightest of silks to flatter and elongate you to achieve the classic 30s silhouette. The frill to the sleeve and hem are delicate little touches which finish of the bias cut perfectly, exaggerating the fluted style. The V-seam to the front and the back fits the bodice to your body just enough to allow the skirt to skim your hips, allowing movement without extra fabric, and the lovely scarf detail to the neck is the perfect finishing touch. Classic and feminine, this is a wonderful day dress for the 30s loving dame.
• Lovely cacao brown coloured background with a graphic floral cream print, closest in colour to the detail photos
• Gathered neckline with an over-stitched shaped scarf detail - this passes through a slit in the front that has been edged
• Long sleeves with a fluted frill cuff
• Frilled edge to the skirt hem
• Skirt cut on the bias to give it fullness
• Classic 30s V seam to the front, and two to the back
• Belt loop, no belt
• Made from a light weight silk
• No fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements due to the delicacy of the fabric
• There are a few faults that you would expect from a dress this old and delicate. There is a well darned patch to the back of one arm. The silk on the forearms of both sleeves has been stretched, it has not shattered but you can see where the fibres have been stressed. There are also small stains across the dress, the most noticeable is on the bottom of the scarf/on the hem frill/sleeve. With the pattern, these are not too noticeable but mentionable. All of the above are shown in the photos.
• Care/composition: No labels, small size label to the back of the neck
Please be aware I recommend that you are at least 1-2in smaller than the measurements as their is no opening so it will need to go over your head and shoulders
Bust: 34in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 52in with no extra hem
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 13in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max