1930s Burgundy Lace Peter Pan Collar Crepe Dress, 42in Bust
Was £95 - Save £35!
From the late 1930s, this beautiful burgundy rayon dress is perfect for someone that really loves a simple elegant vintage dress. In a rarer larger size, the gathers to the chest will allow for a fuller bust with the knee length skirt skimming the hips. The peter pan collar is delicate and very sweet, made with floral lace and trimmed with a looped braid. A classic simple dress that will allow you to add your own personal touch to your outfit.
• Warm burgundy maroon colour
• Peter pan collar made from floral lace with a braided trim
• Keyhole to chest that fastens with hook and eye
• V-seam to chest
• Folded petal style shoulders to create a slight puff effect
• Gathers to waist and shoulders for more bust room
• Long sleeves
• Belt loops to the side, no belt
• Fan pleat to the front of the skirt to ease walking
• Below the knee skirt length
• Looser straight cut
• Made from a light weight rayon crepe fabric
• No fastening, designed to slip over the shoulders so I would advise you are smaller than the measurements stated below
• Original label has been cut out
• There is a small fray to one shoulder on the seam, it appears to be where some of the raw edge of the fabric has been caught in it. It also looks like there has been some colour bleed into the collar, which has turned it a light pink colour. I would not say it isn't in-keeping with the style of the dress. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 42in (armpit to armpit doubled) - I would advise you are smaller than the stated measurements as it will need to slip over your shoulders
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14in
Shoulder to waist: 13in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Bright Green and Pink Psychedelic Print Silk Shift Dress, by Colin Glascoe, 41in Bust
1960s Light Blue Silk Chiffon Crepe Tiered Mini Dress, by Jane and Jane, Early Jean Muir, 34in Bust
1970s Light Pink and White Peony Print Open Back Dress, by Estevez, 36in Bust