1930s Brass Art Deco Etched Animal Minaudiere Vanity Bag with Goya Lipstick
We may no longer be able to fit all of our modern bits and bobs in these vanity cases, but they are such lovely pieces that they are still wonderful items to behold, and this example is a must for a bag collector. From the late 1930s, this minaudiere is in amazing condition considering its age. The outside is covered in an adorable motif of animals, very whimsical and charming, which can be found again on the inside on the compact lids. The lipstick and the powder are the only signs that this has ever been used, and a little look at the lipstick base shows it is by the famous cosmetics brand Goya. The shade? Poppet Pink! All so twee! Have this as a wonderful vintage piece to decorate your vanity, or on a shelf as a talking piece......it needs to be appreciated and seen, it is too fabulous to be in a drawer!
• Etched Art Deco style animals frolicking around in trees, leaves and clouds, which looks like it has been sealed with clear enamel as the tops are far more shiny than the sides
• Made from brass
• Compartment lids have matching animal motifs - secured with a small catch
• Powder with puff on the left, the right is empty and looks unused. There is still some powder in the left one
• Central pocket holds lipstick - Goya's Poppet Pink
• Plastic interior (lucite?) which houses the compartments, able to be lifted up to put items underneath
• Large interior mirror, perfect condition
• Art deco stepped catch to fasten
• Short mesh handle with tube hinge to the end
• Comes with the original grey felt protective sleeve
• There are a few small scratches to the outside, which are only really noticeable in the bright light. The end of the lipstick is also dirty. Shown in photos
Handle Height: 6cm
Handle Length: 16cm
Please get in touch if you have any questions.