1930s Blue and Red Striped Cotton Work Wear Dress, 40in Bust
From the late 1930s, this striped cotton work wear dress does not look its 80 year age. Made from a soft woven cotton with a fantastic deck chair style stripe in bright colours, it is simple in its cut but not in its design. Hidden inside are hip pads to add a little extra umph, and the buttons actually hide a popper front. The button placket, belt and cuffs are all made with contrasting direction stripes too. The fold down collar is smart with a little belt to add some waist definition, and short sleeves ready for the warmer weather. A wonderful dress from a wonderful time period that is perfect for this Summer.
• Denim blue with bright red, golden yellow, grass green and white stripe
• Fold down collar
• Pleats to the shoulders
• Short sleeves with cuff
• Attached fabric belt with pointed end, fastens with a hook and eye
• Decorative buttons to the front
• Made from a mid-weight soft woven cotton - it has natural slubs to the fabric
• Fastens using poppers underneath the buttons, with a flap and further poppers to the inside
• Interior has hip pads made from the same cotton, not filled with padding
• There is a little pulling to the bottom of the opening on the skirt from use. Expected from age. There is small mark to the skirt, and a pull to the back of one shoulder. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels, home made to a very high standard
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 38in (with 1in extra hem)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max