1930s Blue and Red Striped Cotton Work Wear Dress, 40in Bust
From the late 1930s, this striped cotton work wear dress does not look its 80 year age. Made from a soft woven cotton with a fantastic deck chair style stripe in bright colours, it is simple in its cut but not in its design. Hidden inside are hip pads to add a little extra umph, and the buttons actually hide a popper front. The button placket, belt and cuffs are all made with contrasting direction stripes too. The fold down collar is smart with a little belt to add some waist definition, and short sleeves ready for the warmer weather. A wonderful dress from a wonderful time period that is perfect for this Summer.
• Denim blue with bright red, golden yellow, grass green and white stripe
• Fold down collar
• Pleats to the shoulders
• Short sleeves with cuff
• Attached fabric belt with pointed end, fastens with a hook and eye
• Decorative buttons to the front
• Made from a mid-weight soft woven cotton - it has natural slubs to the fabric
• Fastens using poppers underneath the buttons, with a flap and further poppers to the inside
• Interior has hip pads made from the same cotton, not filled with padding
• There is a little pulling to the bottom of the opening on the skirt from use. Expected from age. There is small mark to the skirt, and a pull to the back of one shoulder. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels, home made to a very high standard
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 38in (with 1in extra hem)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.