1920s Straw and Blue Ribbon Deadstock Cloche Hat
A little something for those who like their vintage a little more antique, this is a very special 1920s cloche indeed. Apparently found in a factory in France, this hat has never been worn and so is in excellent condition. Made from a light natural straw, it has been tightly woven to create this wonderful shape with a small brim and a high crown, and is designed to be worn a little lower on the back of the head. Finished off with a beautiful blue ribbon with red and white trim, it is perfect to finish off a deco outfit.
• Blue ribbon with red and white edging that ties in a bow to the back of the head
• Matching blue ribbon trim to the edge
• Very light natural woven straw
• Small brim to front, no brim at the back
• High crown
• Worn pushed down on the back of the head, a little similar to a bonnet, rather than more forward over the forehead
• This came from a factory in France and has never been worn, so it is in wonderful condition!
• Very very slight kink to brim, hardly noticable. Unfortunately, there has been some sun fade to the blue ribbon on one side from being in a display for 5 days after the original photos were taken. The fade is shown in the last photos. It is not vastly noticable, but I have taken a photo of the original colour next to the faded part so that you can compare. It has been reduced in price to reflect this.
• Care/composition: no labels
Width of 'band' inside: 55cm
Brim width at front: 4.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max