1920s Sheer Swiss Dot White Cotton Lawn Dress with Pink Ribbon Trim, 36in Bust
Delicate 1920s sheer swiss dot long line cotton lawn dress with the most lovely hand stitched pink ribbon detailing to the yolk and cuffs, that makes this a seriously feminine deco piece. The lightness and sheerness of the fabric is just what you need on hot days but want to cover up, and the little textured dots adds interest to the straight shaped dress. The added light pink ribbon on the yolk and cuffs is so wonderful and special as you know whoever made this took many hours to make it so beautiful. This is a great example of the simple and uncluttered designs of the era, functional yet delicate and elegant. Perfect!
• Pink ribbon detailed yolk in swirls and leaf patterns with hand stitched decorative stitches
• Scooped neckline, with small shell buttons to the back of the neck for fastening
• Mid-calf length
• Small pleats to the shoulders
• Shell buttons to the cuffs
• Long sleeves with pink ribbon detailing in a leaf motif with hand stitched details
• Two small pockets to the hips with pink trim
• Made from very light weight and sheer cotton textured swiss dot fabric
• No side fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements
• Unlined - please be aware of the sheerness of the dress so you may want to wear a slip
• There was the classic tear under the pit on the back, which has now been fixed but please be aware this is a weak spot. There is a hole on the back of the sleeve by the pit, one on the back by the rear, and another on the back of the sleeve. I have not darned these as the fabric is sheer and would draw attention to it.
• Care/composition: No labels.
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 13.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.