1920s Sea Foam Green Hand Woven Cotton Cloche
Giving you all the Downtown Abbey vibes, this Summer cotton cloche is a wonderful sea foam green colour which is delicate enough to go with many other colours. This was handmade by someone very skilled, knitted and woven using cotton fabric strips, and probably then hand dyed. This will be much tighter to the head then the formed cloches, almost similar to a bobble hat in the tightness, and a bucket hat in the style of how the brim lands. Please look at the photos as this is far from perfect with large areas of fade, but it does not mean it is any less beautiful.
• Light sea foam colour, which is lighter and faded to the outside, darker on the inside
• Made from long strips of soft cotton gauze fabric
• Handmade - knots can be seen on the inside to fasten the fabric
• Middle section is a looser, wider knit
• Tighter woven brim and crown
• As you can see, there is substantial fading to the hat. It can be worn inside out for a deep green and no fading, but there are knots to the inside. There is also a little rubbing to one side, and a mark just above the brim. All faults shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Width of 'band': 55cm max
Length of hat: 21cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max