1920s Natural Cream Large Ostrich Feather Fan
A large and beautiful natural colour ostrich feather fan from approximately the 1920s, that has the most wonderful movement when you waft it. The brown early plastic handle is complimentary to the warm cream and brown colours of the plumage, and with the handle you can hang it up in your boudoir until you next fancy a waft. It has been fixed in its time, but is in otherwise very good condition for its age.
• Large natural ostrich feathers
• Brown colour plastic handle, which looks like it could be Bakelite, but it has not been tested
• Hanging loop to end
• It may benefit from a re-glue should you wish to use heavily, as some connections are a little more delicate.
• There are some scratches to the plastic from opening and closing. There is a small blob of glue to the top of one post and a tiny amount to one fan tip, and there is a little bit of glue on the end of some quills from a previous mend. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels
Width closed: 11in
Width open: 26in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max