1920s Deep Cobalt Blue Satin and Biscuit Silk Collar Flapper Dress, 36in Bust
Was £150 - Save £95!
Wonderful 1920s blue satin day dress, with lovely biscuit coloured silk crepe collar and cuffs.......can you get more Deco that this?! The blue is a deep cobalt that catches the light as you move, and the tan delicately lifts the look of the dress and adds interest with the fine pleated frills without adding weight. Although she has a fair few faults, which you would expect from something that is coming up to 100 years old, she is still beautiful and deserves to have more champagne filled fun!
• Biscuit colour silk crepe rounded collar with pleated frill edging
• Silk crepe yolk front with pleated frill edging
• Blue satin strip to the front with deco stone colour etched buttons - these buttons appear to be more modern than the dress
• Long satin bow to the front
• Long sleeves with turn back tan silk crepe cuffs, with shaped frill edging
• Shaped dropped waistline with flared skirt
• Belt loop, no belt
• Made from a mid-weight silky satin - the colour is closest to the head and shoulders photo, the light adores this fabric which makes it hard to photograph.
• No fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements
• There is an overall marking, which looks like dark spots, to the satin that is not noticeable from a distance, but if you look closely it is visible. Due to is being all over the garment, and on the sides of the skirt, I wonder if it is from previous storage and age. I have adjusted some of the photos so that the marking is easier to see but it is not glaringly obvious when worn.
• The most noticeable fault is the uneven hem, someone had chopped some length off in its past. Instead of straightening it up, I have just hemmed it in order to not loose more length. There is some fraying to the bow in one place, and a couple of holes to one side of the collar. A rip to the left bust area has been darted, and there is slight rubbing under the arms, and a rub to one shoulder. All shown in photos. It is still strong and wearable.
• Care/composition: No labels.
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 35in but uneven hem means some maybe shorter/longer
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Bright Green and Pink Psychedelic Print Silk Shift Dress, by Colin Glascoe, 41in Bust
1960s Light Blue Silk Chiffon Crepe Tiered Mini Dress, by Jane and Jane, Early Jean Muir, 34in Bust
1970s Light Pink and White Peony Print Open Back Dress, by Estevez, 36in Bust