1940s Deep Blue Brocade Wide Shoulder Dress, by Markham, 41in Bust
Beautifully elegant with some serious statement shoulders, this late 1940s deep blue and black brocade dress by Markham would make a wonderful frock to wear to that special occasion coming up. The light catches the delicate floral motif, making the fabric shine and shimmer when you walk. The strong shoulder is balanced with the wide collar and full skirt, that could easily accommodate a petticoat or two for added volume.
• Deep blue and black brocade with small floral design
• Square neckline with wide pointed fold down collar
• Large shoulder pads to create the wide silhouette
• Fitted waist
• Full midi length skirt
• Short sleeves with shaped turn up cuffs
• Zip fastening to the side
• Made from a mid weight rayon brocade fabric with good drape
• Markham label to the back
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 41in max
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Dark Aqua and Black Flame Print Brocade Party Dress, by Fred Howard, 40.5in Bust
1940s Light Ice Blue Brocade Bow Back Dress, by Belmont Couture, 39.5in Bust