1920s Straw and Blue Ribbon Deadstock Cloche Hat
A little something for those who like their vintage a little more antique, this is a very special 1920s cloche indeed. Apparently found in a factory in France, this hat has never been worn and so is in excellent condition. Made from a light natural straw, it has been tightly woven to create this wonderful shape with a small brim and a high crown, and is designed to be worn a little lower on the back of the head. Finished off with a beautiful blue ribbon with red and white trim, it is perfect to finish off a deco outfit.
• Blue ribbon with red and white edging that ties in a bow to the back of the head
• Matching blue ribbon trim to the edge
• Very light natural woven straw
• Small brim to front, no brim at the back
• High crown
• Worn pushed down on the back of the head, a little similar to a bonnet, rather than more forward over the forehead
• This came from a factory in France and has never been worn, so it is in wonderful condition!
• Very very slight kink to brim, hardly noticable. Unfortunately, there has been some sun fade to the blue ribbon on one side from being in a display for 5 days after the original photos were taken. The fade is shown in the last photos. It is not vastly noticable, but I have taken a photo of the original colour next to the faded part so that you can compare. It has been reduced in price to reflect this.
• Care/composition: no labels
Width of 'band' inside: 55cm
Brim width at front: 4.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.