1970s Black African Wax Print Style Animal Caftan Dress, by St Michael, 42in Bust
St Michael really is one of the greats of vintage and this dress is certainly one of the good ones! The print is fantastic, intricate and fun with large animals frolicking about in front of geometric designs. The style of the print is very similar to African wax print fabric. The style of the caftan is easy to wear and flattering, the looseness will make this so perfect for warm weather, or to cover up on holiday, and the fluted sleeves are chic and dramatic. But do not feel that this is only relegated to your Summer wardrobe though, this would still work worn over a tee with some chunky boots in Spring and Autumn!
• Black background with an African wax print style design in reds, whites and yellows
• Wrist length, wide fluted sleeves showing animals and intricate lattice designs
• Low slit to the front with a round neck
• Wide A-line skirt
• Darts to the bust
• Fastens using a nylon zip to the back, L brand
• Made from what feels like a mid weight cotton fabric
• St Michael label to the back
• There is a small pull to the end of the neckline, looks as though it may have been mended at some point. Shown in the photo
• Care/composition: no care labels
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Purple and Orange Tie Dye Matching Kaftans with Reversible Cape, 38in Bust