1940s Teal, Red and Tan Checked Sports Blazer, by Thorntons, 40in Bust
Gordon bennett, someone buy this quick before I change my mind. Everything about this 1940s sports blazer is amazing.....the colours are so wonderfully complimentary but also unusual, this is not your average jacket! The shoulders are a little less pronounced on this, for ease of movement during your leisure time I suspect, but the nipped waist is still classic of the decade. The curved pockets accentuate the curve of the hip and the hem, so flattering for your figure, and the modest V-neck is not too low. The outfit options are endless, thanks to the colour and classic shape, and don't feel you must wear it with only true vintage. This would work with your favourite jeans and boots too. It will see you through many seasons, and many more decades to come.
• Large check made from teal, red, white and tan - colour closest to the main photo
• Amazing pattern matching throughout
• Light shoulder pads
• Nipped waist
• Rounded notched lapel and fold down collar
• Fastens using slate pearly buttons to the front
• Matching button to the sleeve cuff
• Curved pockets to the hips
• Made from a mid-weight woven wool cloth
• Lined in a rust orange silky fabric, feels like a silk/rayon blend
• Hanging hook to the neck
• Thorntons label to the inside, from Edinburgh
• There is a small hole to one shoulder and another further down the arm. These have been darned are not too noticeable. There are some very small holes to one elbow which have not been darned, and a small one to the top of one lapel. There are also some holes to the lining and rubbing to the armpit lining which do not affect the wear. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: 100% new wool
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1980s Cornflower Blue Mohair Blend Asymmetric Coat, by Jaeger, 44in Bust