1970s Sugar Almond Moss Crepe Classic Ossie Clark Dress, for Radley, 36in Bust
An Ossie Clark, the vintage traders holy grail, and one of the most sought after pieces of the vintage collector. In a rare wonderful light sugar almond pink, this Ossie Clark for Radley has all the hallmarks of the designers great dresses; made from moss crepe the drape and movement is to die for. The statement collar and many button front is so of the era, with the full flowy skirt being balanced by the huge iconic balloon sleeves. It is a dress to make an entrance in, to sit and sip a cocktail, to swirl in to the best music of the time. Although there is no pattern, this dress needs no embellishment to be amazing, the style and class is all in the expert design, cut and quality fabric. Not one to miss if you love an IT vintage piece, something that can be passed down in the family and loved for generations.
Please read the description below as there are a number of faults.
• Light sugar almond pink colour, closest in hue to the main front photo
• Fold down notched dagger collar
• Slight puff to shoulder with very small shoulder pad
• Darts to the waist for fit
• Gathers to the back and bust
• Panel button placket to the waist
• Long full balloon sleeves with button cuff
• Matching fabric tie belt with belt loops
• Long skirt cut on the bias for movement and fullness
• Made from a light weight moss crepe fabric
• Fastens with self covered buttons to the front and matching fabric loops
• Ossie Clark for Radley label to the inside
• Moss crepe, dry clean only - I strongly advise this be taken to a dry cleaner that has experience with vintage
• If you wish, in order to remove the stain, 7.5in would be needed to be taken up from the hem. It has been dry cleaned but the stain remains. It has been priced lower for this reason.
• There are some faults, which is reflected in the price. The tips of the collar are very slightly marked with some slight creases from a previous poor attempt to iron the collar. There is a very small pull to one hip. The back fabric of the bottom button has been patched and mended (unable to be seen). There is slight lighter mark to the side seam and dirt stain to the hem from wear. There is a darker tan mark to the front (larger) and the back (smaller) from prior storage in a wooden wardrobe. The cuffs on the sleeves show a very slight darker tone from wear. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no label
Length: 56in (7.5in high stain, measured from hem)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 12in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.