1980s Laura Ashley White, Blue and Lilac Bow and Flower Princess Dress, 35in Bust
If there is one thing Laura Ashley did well in the 1980s, it was the ultra feminine 1950s style princess dresses! And this is no exception! In shades of blue, lilac and green, the beautiful print dances across the lengths of fabric, with large floral blooms finished with tied ribbon bows. The silhouette is very 1950s with the nipped waist, full skirt and tight bodice, but the 'sleeves' say 1980s, giving you the option to wear it off the shoulder if it takes your fancy. Get your accessories to pick out the colour of the dress, or go full on princess by adding pink. A wonderful dress to wear to that Summer wedding or event, you will certainly be the only one with such a feminine outfit!
• White background with floral and bow print in light blue, lilac and kingfisher blue with splashes of sage green
•Low scooped neckline to the front, lower V to the back
• Sleeveless, with capped sleeve style 'straps' These have elastic inside so can be worn as more of a capped sleeve, or off the shoulder
• Tightly fitted bodice with bust darts, and mild boning to keep the shape
• Gathered fabric to waist to nip in
• Full skirt with tight gathers to the waist
• Fastens using a nylon zip to the back, Opti brand
• Made from a mid-weight cotton
• There is a cotton underskirt lining, with a starched net petticoat to hold the shape
• Lined in a white cotton
• Laura Ashley label to the back
• Care/composition: 100% cotton, 40* wash
Bust: 35in (armpit to armpit doubled)
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.