1970s Cream Cotton Advertising Novelty Print Jacket, 42in Bust
I am a sucker for a novelty print, and this fine example is covered with bootleg advertising logos based on a lot of the well known vintage brands! I think this was hand made in the 1970s, and the maker decided to use a simple blazer pattern to let the fabric do the talking. My favourite is Mr Nut and Devilled Ham., what is yours?
• Cream background with a busy and colourful novelty print of fake advertising brand logos
• Rounded notch collar
• Slit to the back - you can see an overlocked hem on the inside slit
• Slight fit
• Long sleeves
• Fastens with brown and cream buttons to the front
• Feels like it is made from a mid-weight cotton or cotton blend fabric
• No label, handmade to a very good standard
• There is a number of marks over the whole of the jacket, so I would say that if you like vintage perfect, this may not be for you. There is a mark to the collar which is the most dark, a mark to the shoulder, a mark on one elbow, and one to the back. It looks from either poor storage or food marks. They have been treated and lightened. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels, handmade
Shoulder to shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions