1940s Fruit Print Tie Strap Summer Dress, 37in Bust
The perfect summer dress in my eyes! From the late 1940s, this lovely novelty fruit print dress in warm hues is just what you need when the weather starts to heat up. Made from a soft woven fabric, the dress has weight without being too hot. The thin tie straps are delicate and cute, with the scoop neckline being feminine and pretty without showing too much skin. A flared skirt finishes the look and balances the silhouette so it is just waiting for you to finish it with your favourite accessories.
• Fruit print in yellow, blue and red with grey detailing and bottle green background
• Tie straps - allows a little more room for a bigger bust or a longer torso length
• Rounded scoop neckline to front and back
• Darts to the bust for a fitted bodice
• Fabric tie belt with belt loops
• A-line flared skirt
• Knee length
• Made from a soft mid-weight wide woven fabric that feels a little like barkcloth, but I believe has a cotton/linen content
• Fastens using metal zip to the back, Riri brand
• There are a few natural slubs to the fabric, with a couple of what look like pulls to the fabric but they appear to be original to the fabric. There is a small fray to one strap, a small fray to the bottom of one strap at the bust. A very small pull to one hip, and a small pull to the waist, and a little pulling to the seam, which is hidden by the belt. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 37.5in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 39in (measured from the start of the strap on the bust) plus 0.5in hem
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.