1940s Candy Pink Poodle Novelty Print Frilly Cotton Parasol
It may not be pristine but this 1940s novelty print parasol is still utterly wonderful! Made from a candy pink cotton, sporting some fabulous frills, it is covered in a cute print of posh dog walkers and their pampered pooches. The perfect amount of twee! At the bottom of the wooden handle is a lovely rich butterscotch round to finish. Perfect if you need a little bit of extra protection in the Summertime from the sun, or a lovely decorative touch to a interior.
•Novelty print of Parisian stylised dog walkers and and dogs in white and black- very posh people in couture gowns and suits with top hats
• Candy pink fabric, with two matching pink frills to the outside
• Button, elastic strap and loop to secure brolly when closed
• Metal spokes to the inside - all firm
• W. Jones and Co (Umbrellas) Ltd, British Made to the inside of one spoke
• Butterscotch bakelite (I think) round end to the handle
• Plaited silk thread carry handle
• Wooden handle with metal 'buttons' to pop open and undo the brolly
• Made from a mid-weight strong cotton
• There is a dirty mark to the edge. The most noticeable fault is the fade to the shade, which is classic on parasols from storage. There is a little surface dirt and dirt to the wrist strap. One metal arm to the inside gets a little stuck when opening but the mechanism is still strong. There are some scratches to the tip of the brolly. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Full length: 85.3cm
Width of parasol when open: 96cm
Length of tip: 11cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.